Dan Fowler, longtime Northlander, is ready to represent those who live in Kansas City’s 2nd district. He is seeking the opportunity to serve the needs of the Northland as a member of the Kansas City Council. Dan has been involved in public service for more than 25 years. He is committed to building and fostering safe and vibrant neighborhoods that attract families and sustain a thriving city.
Here is a snapshot of policy concepts Dan supports.
- Encourage high-tech manufacturing, distribution and warehousing at KCI and the surrounding area
- Work with educational institutions to increase education for high-tech jobs
- Improve transportation to and from job sites and centers
- Increase code enforcement in the Northland
- Block-by-block neighborhood revitalization with public/private/non-profit partnerships
- Increase curbs and sidewalks in older neighborhoods of the 2nd District
- Streamline permitting process
- Build on high-tech, arts and entrepreneurship opportunities
- Encourage quality, sustainable and financially sound development
- Improve police, fire and ambulance response times
- Increase community policing to decrease violent crime
- Fund and construct a police station with courtroom and justice center in the 2nd District
- Increase education for high tech and skilled jobs
- Expand private/public partnerships
- Expand summer and after school youth programs
“Dan Fowler will be an effective leader we can trust because he will put the interests of citizens above politics. That is why, as a fellow Northland resident, I am proud to endorse Dan Fowler for City Council Second District, In-District.”
Kelley Martin, Founder at Martin Financial Group.
“Dan is capable, competent and caring. He will always stand up for what’s right. He will be a great asset in City Hall. I want Dan as my 2nd District City Councilman!”
Sue Dance, Member of the Silver Haired City Council and former Platte County Commissioner
“For many years Dan has been a strong, dedicated servant of the Northland community and I know he will represent them well on City Council. As a resident of the Northland community, I proudly endorse Dan Fowler for City Council Second District, In-District.”
Mike Burke, CEO at Burke Payne, LLC and former Northland Kansas City Councilman
Dan is actively involved in several community service programs and organizations, including Northland Neighborhoods, Inc., (past President), Northland Health Care Access (past President), Metro Care (past President), and the Port Authority of Kansas City (current Vice Chair).
Career & Personal
In addition to his extensive community service, Dan has practiced law in the Kansas City area for more than 30 years and is currently a member of Collins Fowler LLC, specializing in general commercial litigation, construction litigation, general business law and family law. He is a graduate of Kansas State University and Georgetown University Law Center.
In addition to his many career accomplishments, Dan Fowler is a proud father and grandfather.